March 23, 2011

Say What?

Just a quick thought this morning...

When Bryant and I got on our plane to head to Texas last week, we settled in and pulled out our books ready to read (we are both nerds...we aren't afraid to admit it). The man sitting next to us asked us where we were from. After we answered, we asked him. His name was Saul and he and is family were from LA...his next sentence is what got Bryant's and my attention: "We just got off of a Disney Cruise, which was my eight-year-old son's 'Make a Wish' because he is having a relapse of his cancer."

Say what?

I mean, how much louder does God have to scream, "Share the Gospel...and I mean now...before the plane has even taken off. Thanks."

So, Bryant got to work. I tried to read (honest confession here). Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his wife, who was taking care of their two boys, leaning over the aisle straining to listen. How could I ingore that? Unfortunately, I tried. But then I had to go to the bathroom...or I guess God used that to get me out of my seat and moving...because I felt Him leading me to switch seats with the husband so I could have a conversation with the wife. Alright. Bring it. For the next two hours or so, Bryant and I just shared the Gospel and loved on this sweet couple. And amazingly, we were ministered to by God!

On the way home, we were sitting next to a Jewish man. Round 2. We started right into a religious discussion. Again, the Gospel was shared.

Sunday, while I was at my community's pool, the girl laying out beside me started talking to me. An hour later, I had her whole story. Single mom, boyfriend and best friend both in the Army, lonely, hurting...and I quote, "no friends right now". God isn't too covert. We exchanged phone numbers.

Why do I share this? Please know it is not to pat myself on the back...I know you have and could have just as many stories...God CONSTANTLY drops people into our laps and says, "Go for it". We are the ones who decide whether or not we will. And let me tell you something...it's energizing to take these opportunities and watch God work.

So, get out there...get going...and tell me your stories!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Girl this is powerful. I am asking Father to give me one of those opportunities and when He does I'll be back with my story...

    BTW, I like your blog so much I have it linked with mine this one will jump start us!!!
    Love you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete